You Control Your Life
Rather than focusing on feeling better, you find that your time is spent interacting with a complex mix of healthcare providers that often do not communicate well with one another.Primary care physicians, specialist physicians, hospital physicians, discharge planners, pharmacists, labs, imaging labs, living facilities and/or home health agencies have the best intentions but struggle to coordinate care. Additionally, the never-ending parade of bewildering medical bills often adds to a sense of overwhelming confusion and dismay.
The dedicated team of hospice professionals assigned to your care will work with you to ensure that YOUR CARE is in agreement with YOUR WISHES. Here are ways that our hospice team can help ensure that YOU are in control of YOUR CARE and YOUR LIFE:
- The primary focus of hospice is the relief of physical symptoms so you can be present and enjoy your final months. We will work with you to help you determine your preferences for symptom relief in conjunction with the degree of interaction you would like to have.
- Your care team provides care in YOUR home – during our regular home visits we will evaluate your condition and provide hands-on care. Our goal is to help you avoid the exhausting effort required for Emergency Room visits and hospitalizations. There is a Registered Nurse available 24 hours each day, 7 days per week to answer YOUR questions, make visits and modify YOUR care when needed.
- Your Registered Nurse Case Manager will coordinate care with your primary care physician and other care providers to avoid unnecessary and duplicative examinations and procedures.
- Your hospice social worker can help you explore options for supportive care (community resources, alternate living arrangements, etc).
- Your social worker and hospice chaplain can assist you and your loved ones in making funeral and memorial plans. Our chaplains are often asked to perform funerals for their patients and they are happy to do so.
- Your social worker and chaplain are also available to provide a listening ear and to assist with addressing challenging family matters.
These are just a few of the ways that your team will work with you to ensure that your needs are met and that you have the best end-of-life experience possible. We want to help you be in control of your life and your care.
Please fill out our contact us form or call us at 503-639-0600 to learn more about how Serenity Hospice can help you and/or your loved ones, today. We have hospice offices in Portland and Salem and serve many surrounding counties.